I have included this page to inform you about the Duke TIP Program for 7th graders.
In order to qualify, you must:
1. Be in the 7th grade or have skipped the 7th grade by promotion
2. Have scored at the 95th percentile or higher on KCCT, MAP or other assessment at MCES
3. Recommendation by his/her teacher as being talented beyond peers
The non-refundable enrollment fee of $72 (unless you qualify for free or reduced lunch program then it is $25)
The fee covers them through the tenth grade.
1. Free ACT or SAT exam experience
2. Comparison of scores with high school students, as well as other 7th graders who took the test. It provides suggestions for academic development based on performance.
3. All students receive a certificate recognizing their participation and those who receive outstanding scores on ACT will be honored at special recognition ceremonies with their families in attendance
4. Educational Opportunity Guide Online...over 400 schools, summer programs and academic competitions across the US and abroad.
5. Students will receive the TALENT SEARCH EXPERIENCE in seventh grade, newsletter two times per year and MY COLLEGE GUIDE in the tenth grade. Students will learn about their potential, receive tips on planning for high school and college, and have access to resources that will assist them in achieving their educational goals.
6. Participants will receive information on Duke Tip's educational programs with need-based scholarship opportunities, Scholar Weekends and Field Studies and Institutes. Exceptional performance on ACT will qualify some students for the Summer Studies Programs--intensive 3 week sessions on college campuses.
7. Special pricing discounts on challenging and engaging Independent Learning Courses such as Rosetta Stone language learning products., eSeminars and eStudies.
8. Digest of Gifted Research and the Gifted Forum--online newsletter and forum provides parents of gifted children with information.
9. Access to Gifted Education Consultants
*August 1...enrollment begins...test followup materials arrive within 5 weeks.
*October 3..Paper application postmark deadline for students selecting a December ACT test.
*October 21...Online enrollment deadline for students selecting a December ACT test.
*November 1...Paper application deadline for students selecting a February ACT test.
*December 5...Online enrollment deadline for students selecting a February ACT test.
*December 10...First option for ACT testing.
Please feel free to contact me at 606-768-8351 if you have any questions...Thanks Mickey Little