The vertical alignment of Math Connects PreK-8 through Algebra 2 incoperates a balance of istruction throughout. These programs provide students a balence approach to mathmatics by:
- investigationg concepts and building conceptual understanding.
- developing, reinforcing, and mastering computational and procedural skills.
- applying mathematics to problem-solving situations.
Major concepts as defined by the Kentucky Core Content standards include:
- Linear Equations and Inequalities
- Linear Functions and Inequalities
- Quadratic Equations
- Quadratic Functions Graphing
- Rational Expressions
- Powers, Roots, Radicals, Fractional Exponents
- Exponetial and Logarithmic Functions
- Conic Sections
- Permutations, Combinations, Probability, and series
- Complex Numbers, Mathmatical Induction, Operations with Functions
- Measurement and Statistics